Terms of entry
TERMS OF ENTRY
By submitted an entry, you have agree to our T&C’s below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Organiser of the Awards is William Reed Business Media Ltd Broadfield Park, Crawley RH11 9RT.
1. By entering the Awards the Entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and to be bound by them. These rules include any instructions accompanying the entry details for the Awards.
2. Entrants must either be the supplier of the product entered or the retailer for whom the product has been supplied.
3. There is no restriction on the number of entries or on the number of categories for which an Entrant can enter.
4. Entries must be submitted online at www.thegrocer.co.uk/ownlabelawards by 5pm on Monday 2 October 2017. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
5. Entry forms must state the name of the person responsible for submitting the entry and to whom all correspondence concerning the Awards should be addressed.
6. Entrants will be notified by email between 16th October 2017 and 26th March 2018 when to submit their products for judging. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that all products are submitted by the due date.
7. Entries must be Own Label products for human consumption available for retail sale either up to 31 December 2017 or from 1 January 2018.
8. Entries must be Own Label products and be in date for human consumption throughout the judging process.
9. The Organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to reject any entry that it deems inappropriate.
10. Entries will become the property of the Organiser and will not be returned.
11. Responsibility cannot be accepted for lost, late or mislaid entries and any entry which is damaged, defaced, illegible or incomplete, or which otherwise does not comply with these terms and conditions may be deemed invalid in the sole discretion of the Organiser.
12. Products will be prepared for tasting according to the on-pack instructions.
13. The shortlist for the Awards will be announced on 30th March 2018 and those shortlisted will be notified by email.
14. Winners will be announced during a lunch on 11 May 2018 at the London Hilton, Park Lane. The winners’ names will be published in The Grocer following the awards lunch.
15. The Organiser reserves the right to change the categories and the judging panel without prior notice to Entrants.
16. The Organiser’s decision on all matters affecting this competition is final and legally binding.
17. No correspondence will be entered into.
18. Winners and Finalists may be required to take part in some post-event publicity and consent to their name and images being used for such purposes.
19. Entrants who notify the Organiser in writing to email@example.com that they wish to withdraw their entry prior to Monday 2nd October 2017 will receive a full refund of their entry fee. Entrants withdrawing after that date will not receive any refund.
20. Failure by an Entrant at any stage to deliver any entered product by the required date will result in the disqualification of that entry in which case the entry fee will not be refunded.
21. At the Organiser’s absolute discretion, an Entrant may be permitted to submit a late entry for late first-stage judging by the consumer panel on payment of a re-instatement fee of £220 per product.
22. All products submitted for The Grocer Own Label Food & Drink Awards 2018 must be delivered in retail-sized packs. The Organiser will not breakdown/re-size/recut any products on arrival. Failure to deliver in retail packs will result in the disqualification of that entry in which case the entry fee will not be refunded.
23. Winners may publicise their success in ‘The Grocer Own Label Food & Drink Awards 2018′ for two years provided that the year won is specified in all publicity and materials and that no part of the product packaging or product formulation has been changed or updated. The Organiser licenses any winner to use the relevant Awards logo in connection with its award, as long as the artwork is previously sent to the Organiser for approval.
24. By entering the Awards, all Entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
25. The Organiser and Data Controller is William Reed Business Media Ltd, Broadfield Park, Crawley RH11 9RT.